Survivor Hut
Loading...
Survivor

Following the hit CBS reality TV show Survivor China.

Contact

Newsvine

Technorati



 

 


Unique Visitors Since Aug. 28, 2006

 

Survivor Hut


Friday, September 21, 2007

Survivor China Off to a Good Start

A number of Survivors stood out to me in the very first episode.

Damn Chicken, what were you thinking? At first I thought Chicken was playing a good game by not bossing anybody around. This is often a mistake older Survivors like Chicken make, they try and boss around the more numerous younger players. He obviously had some idea how to build a shelter but when the others in his tribe did not listen to him he did not push them. So far so good. A mistake a lot of players make is bossing people around right out of the shoot. However Chicken took not bossing the others too far, he became passive-aggressive. Peih-Gee asked him straight up for his opinion and he said what everyone else wanted to do would be fine. And Chicken may just have sealed his fate at Tribal Council when he complained about the others. Now all of a sudden he gives his opinion and it is critical of the others? That may have been enough to get him the one swing vote that sent him home.

Leslie, the 38 year old Christian radio host, also stood out to me. I have mixed feelings about her. After she left the welcoming ceremony early, she said that she's not a religious person but she has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The ceremony conflicted with her religious beliefs. That's fine but why then the disclaimer that she's not a religious person? Is she insecure about herself in the game? Afraid others will see her as a religious person? Whatever the reason, I do not think that it is a sign of a strong player. I did like it later when she talked with James, the grave digger, and gave him words of encouragement. I am not sure that was her playing the game or her just being nice.

Courtney, the New York waitress, annoyed me. She seems the type of New Yorker who complains that nothing is as good as it is in New York. If that is the case, then the sooner that she is gone the better.

Is Jean-Robert really a professional poker player? I am skeptical. If he can red people as well as he claims then why let on to his skill like when he talked with Todd (the gay Mormon flight attendant)? It turns out that he is a poker pro, but I do not understand why he put Todd on notice because like Todd said now he's going to target Jean-Robert.

Frosti, the youngest Survivor ever, strikes me as someone who is overly confident in his abilities. He seems to think just because he is a Parkour athlete that Survivor will be a piece of cake for him. Ahh, the irrational exuberance of youth.

Well, that's it for now. I was planning on blogging about Survivor Live but I don't see any indication that CBS will have the internet talk show this season. So more of my Survivor thoughts as they come to me. I'll also post Survivor related news articles as I come across them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer
It should be obvious but I'll state it nonetheless:

This blog is in no way associated with Survivor, CBS, Viacom or Mark Burnett Productions.